Centrant Community Capital members are the key to our success. Membership in our lending consortium enables banks of all sizes to support affordable housing and community development efforts in their markets in a safe and profitable manner.
- Enhanced Lending Opportunities: Participating in our loans is a cost-effective way to fund loans in remote markets, expand your geographic reach or diversify your loan portfolio.
- CRA Credit: Because our loans are considered “community development loans” under the Community Reinvestment Act, participating banks receive positive consideration toward their overall CRA lending performance assessment.
- Reduced Risk: While no commercial loan is truly “risk free,” participating banks benefit from our specialized staff knowledge of affordable multifamily lending. To date, our loan losses are less than 0.3% of total loans originated.
The funding for each Centrant Community Capital loan is provided on a voluntary basis by our member banks. Rather than require commitments to blind funding pools, we allow our members to choose the specific loans that they wish to fund in whatever amount matches their particular community reinvestment and lending goals.
Ready to Join?
Membership is open to any bank interested in supporting our mission-based lending program and requires just two steps:
- Pay a one-time membership fee of $500–$1,000 (based on asset size); and
- Execute a Master Loan Participation Agreement